Tuesday 11 May 2010

Wing progression


Today appeared to be pretty productive, got quite a bit done in an hour, managed to get the base of the wings glued on, and am halfway through gluing on the upper skin. Twinwall is again proving hard to trim in a nice straight line, especially if you're cutting diagonally across the flutes, so it's a bit messy.


I've had to secure some parts with tape (due to mistakes/trying to get the twinwall to bend), so it does look a bit shabby, but the finished product will be much nicer.


The more I look at the pictures, the more shabby it becomes. I swear it looked nicer in the workshop.

Things to do next session:
  • Finish the gluing
  • Construct the ailerons
  • Attach the wing to the fuselage
I'm still thinking about the optimum angle of attack for our plane (if any). I was initially going for zero, but recent suggestions have said otherwise...

2 comments:

Nickatredbox said...

Hi,

What glue are you using for the Coroflute

Nickatredbox said...

Here's my twinwall design

http://kiwitricopter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/yellow-plane-2-with-inverted-v-tail.html

Post a Comment